Monday, October 18, 2010

THE CITY WHICH IS STILL NOT HOME




Bangalore - A city which I looked forward to more than anything , I still remember the excitement , the expectations within me when I was looking forward to shift to this city . I remember thinking , 'How lucky am I , when everybody is sooo envious of me , I'm the lucky girl getting to go to the swinging city of Bangalore !!''What fun it'll be , my city , my culture , all my relatives being here , I sure will have a fantastic time out there'
Sadly things haven't worked out exactly to what I had expected them to , some people may argue that the grass looks greener on the other side , man must adjust to his surroundings and blah blah blah... this city has taken more than it has given , if it's given it has given disappointment , a lack lustre environment , horrendous service amongst just a few things . How wrong was I to expect things , to expect from the people out here to be warm or receiving , maybe I was so used to it out there in Pune , that I can still feel the void of that familiar warmth and courteousness ! How wrong was I to expect anything from relatives , so what if they are your blood relatives , that needn't make them family !! They are as much strangers as any person on the road , without extending as much as a millimetre of their hand during any crisis ! I take from this city , experiences which make me wiser , so in a twisted way this city has been responsible for my growth , I have seen whatever's to be seen and more during the 6 years of my life out here . Probably the only thing which I'm grateful to in this city , is that I've found some great friends whom I treasure like crazy ! I'm probably just waiting to get out of here with the first available opportunity and blur or blank out the period of my stay here . I carry only my experiences and memories of my cherished friends as I move on(which I WILL do eventually) to a newer and better life !

3 comments:

  1. Home is where the heart is :)
    So, I dislike this :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok sorry for the late comment but from what you can see , that is exactly not my point . Try as I might I can't say this is the city where my heart lies . See I have every reason to like this city . I mean the language , traditions , they are all what I'm accustomed to . But I found it better to settle down in a strange city like Pune . And after shifting here I find myself looking for the things which I took for granted out there . friendliness and courtesy to name a few . But to each his own . This was strictly my personal view and I felt like sharing it . Too bad it hurt your Bangalorean sentiments :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, did not know that I disturbed a dormant volcano :-P
    I know this reply should've come about a year ago, but now I think I relate to this blog considering I have been back.

    ReplyDelete