Saturday, October 3, 2009

Indian men = MCPs


Now I know as soon as you read the title you'll say 'whoa , what a feminist !!' . Probably I am , but with good reason . I have been brought up in an environment where obviously everything is equal for boys and girls . But in spite of this I can't help but notice an arrogance in all my male counterparts , young and old they all have a tendency to bully females , have a rather condescending attitude towards girls like 'hey we're letting you do stuff but never forget whatever you do we're far far superior to you.' . I find Indian men by and large a set of arrogant , stupid , immature , crass idiots . I don't know how they are in other countries so I can't comment on them but they probably will be loads better than our Indians . It can't even be blamed on our culture because our culture has always given equal importance to both both Gods and Goddesses . It seems that our ancestors were probably more liberal minded than our present generation . Of course thankfully our condition is not that bad as compared to the many taliban dominated countries , but it is not exactly something to be proud of either . Who are the shiv sena to comment on how women have to dress . Who is Pramod Muthalik to go bashing up girls in a pub , for tarnishing our culture . If that is the case aren't the boys guilty of the same ??? . Who are they to call themselves the so called 'guardians of our culture' . Why is it a taboo if women drink and smoke whereas if men do so it is considered a part of their 'manliness' . These are some questions which when asked are neatly avoided and twisted into another form of question or allegation back upon us . I am not saying that ALL Indian men are chauvnistic pigs , there are obviously exceptions but by and large they are one hypocritical set !! It is one quality which is probably ingrained into them in their infancy as soon as they can make out the difference between boys and girls !! I think it is the society to blame in general which is still following the age old tradition of 'beta ghar ka chirag hain'...... tho beti kya hain ??? . If we call ourselves a fast growing superpower with modernization creeping into our culture then it is about time we rid ourselves of silly notions such as these and hammer the true meaning of equality into one and all !!!!!

3 comments:

  1. well as freind,daughter and a sister i have not felt that indian men are chauvenstic but as a wife only time wil tell:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think that NOT ALL INDIAN MEN are MCPs', then you need to change the title of your blog.

    In my opinion it's the environment we are brought up in. Women are to be equally blamed for this state in our country. It's the MOTHER who patronizes the son, it's the Mother who doesn't inflict positive influence on her son. As boys, our life revolves around our mother. It is built into our heads that only the MEN of the house should work, while the Women are in charge of the daily chores at home. If a husband had to do a Wife's work for a day, I can definitely bet that he would give up in couple of days.

    Times are changing now. Women are becoming independent and no longer depend on their husbands to lead a good life. To be honest, when it comes to me, a Woman must definitely be independent. Many may argue saying that children need constant care and attention, it is true, but it does not mean it's only the woman's job to do so. Men should be equally involved in a child's development.

    I can go on and on about this, but I guess it's best if I stopped here. It's good to know that at least someone voiced their opinion out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know this would be completely infuriating to read for a guy and as somebody told me I am the one who sounds like the chauvinist out here :P but somewhere in every Indian mentality however modern we are , there is a separate set of rules for boys and one separate set for girls which is a tad bit unfair I think . That's my main grouse actually and like you said it's the mother who patronizes the son and this is due to the typical Indian mentality . I mean it's not to a great extent but there is slight favoritism even in the urban society.

    ReplyDelete