Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Twilight Rediscovered


Now before i start talking about anything I must shamefully confess that I was once a twilight fan . My obsession with the series was so much that I thought it might overtake my first love (Harry Potter) . Merely saying that I liked the series would be an understatement . I was obsessed with it . However I was recently watching the movie and I realized I couldn't bear to proceed beyond a point , the very same movie which I had watched with rapt attention and every song of the movie is on my play list . Now I'm not saying that the movie is bad but it is no Oscar winning movie either ! Speaking strictly about myself I can say that twilight for me was a sort of escapism , my journey into a make belief world where the hero is this super gorgeous hunk who once on casting his eye on Bella (our sweet miss goody two shoes delicate darlin') decides that it's his bounden duty to protect her from come what may . Everything is perfect and things seem so hunky dory but ooooh wait we have a minor drawback .. the hero is apparently a vampire and what attracts him more than anything else is scent of the blood of his lady love . Stephanie Meyer portrays a self battle within the hero who is battling his thirst for Bella's blood and his unconditional love for her . This being meant to add another attribute to our gorgeous hunk sounds a little repulsive to me . Twilight series I feel is not meant for any intelligent grounded female , unless you want to kid yourself on imaginary concepts such as these . 'give it a rest girl and come back to earth . As for guys who like twilight ........ 'ewwwwwwww . what do YOU people see in that book?' . . Reading it once is ok but being obsessed with it . uh uh , not good , these are golden words of advice coming from an ex-addict herself !!

1 comment:

  1. haha....the only antidote i can suggest forall twilightholics is watch some other movie of edward cullen where he is at his worst:)maybe that wil help....as for me i thouroughly enjoyed the books and movie,but i didnot reread it rewatch it or listen to the songs...so hopefully iam on the right track:)

    ReplyDelete