Wednesday, September 16, 2009

goofy - part 1


This incident happened a couple of years ago . I was taking a walk with my equally nutty friend Greeshma :-) we were walking in our usual park talking ninteen to a dozen like we do always !!! Suddenly we spotted a familiar face and Greeshma hissed into my ear saying that it was Sudha Murthy (not surprising because her house happened to be just a couple of blocks away) . We started excitedly discussing on how to confront her and what we would say when we come face to face with her (yeah i know we were behaving like desperate fools) . It started raining and started turning dark.. we started following her looking like 2 proper stalkers . Her PA was throwing suspicious glances at us all the time . We were relentlessly following her now our conversation reaching to the probability of the contribution of CAs and dentists in Infosys..!!!(CAs understandable but dentists......????? .. crazy..!!) as she turned to return home we came face to face with her and said 'hello aunty' as though we were greeting our neighbour !!.. with a crisp hello she walked off . We felt like utter morons at that time and our plans to talk to her sounding so foolish then !!!
PS - I should add that Greeshma was the one behaving more sensibly of the two . I was the one who acted all star struck and hysterical !!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Since you have called me 'nutty', I thought I should post a comment on this one and prove that I am not all that errr.... 'nutty'!! But you forgot that it was my mum who encouraged us to try and strike up a conversation with her;)! Well, elders have this habit of talking us into doing things that they think would probably entertain them;). I would like to bring to the readers' attention that we have never visited that park since this event took place. And of late, we haunt another park where such ....hmmm.....well.... "LARGER THAN LIFE" kind of people do not vist!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha..... i wouldn't say we haunt it...!!!.. we just walk like any other normal person does..!!! at least we're better off now , we re not stalking anybody :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete